Monday, November 10, 2008

WAWT 101108 by Audrey Lumiere

We had a busy day today, off to visit the surgeon about my ears, doing the grocery shopping and other miscellaneous errands. Faced with such mundane tasks, I needed to introduce a bit of whimsy into my day.

I settled on my tutu-style skirt, favourite men's tee (mine actually has a deer on it), leggings and my favourite chunky heels. Unfortunately I forgot to accessorise today, which is very unlike me. I ringed my eyes with a gorgeous purple liner that matches the purple in my hair perfectly, as the colour has faded a bit. I need to redo it, but I'm waiting to hear about a job I have applied for, if I have an interview I'll need to get rid of the purple (very corporate role, and very much in the public view, very unlike my last few!).

The day started off well with the visit to the surgeon. Happily my condition has stablised, and my hearing is not any worse, so no need for surgery, and I've evaded the dreaded hearing aid once more. Foiled yet again - mwwaaahhhh haaahh haaah (that was evil laughter in case you were wondering :) ).

I love doing the grocery shopping in a pair of heels, pushing the trolley around, with The Small Boy hanging off the front. Found lots of extra low sodium foods today, so it was a very good shop! Plus a lady complimented The Small Boy's lovely manners as well, it was true, he was very well behaved (until we got home). He is obsessed with Boost Smoothies, so I had bribed him with one of those, maybe that helped.

Then later we went off to sit in the sunshine on the oval watching The Man play cricket. Corporate cricket competition kicked off again today, because of daylight savings.

Tomorrow I am back to work, working extra days for the next few weeks as it is getting to the end of the school year and we have deadlines to meet. Hope I make it!! Fingers crossed.

Labels: , ,


Al at 9:16 PM |

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Blogger TheThingsIdTellYou said........
Hello??? Just checking in. You've been quiet. (Know you're busy, but wanted to say Hi).