Friday, October 3, 2008
And no I didn't take a few extra week soaking up the sunshine in Thailand.

We had a brilliant time, Mrs Kittikorn and I, but we both got sick towards the end (too many cocktails, and the occasional accidental drunken nod to ice) not to mention the episode when I drank too much, threw up, and then brushed my teeth, and skolled a glass of resort tap water. Ah dear! Suffice to say, far from gaining weight with all the overindulgence, we came home a few kilos lighter!

But we did lots of laying by the pool, relaxing, sleeping, drinking cocktails and cheap beer, swimming and shopping! Perfect holiday really.

The most interesting part, in terms of social experiment, was the attention from boys. And men. And people in general. It was a time for us to reconnect with ourselves as 'women' and forget about being mothers and wives etc etc. It was really interesting to observe ourselves (yes many cocktails by this point) and then discuss how we felt/dealt with situations. I am an incorrigible flirt, and as I didn't take my wedding rings (with The Man's approval - due to insurance), it was hard for people to reconcile this idea they had of me with the fact that I was married with a child!

I would totally recommend a trip alone/with a likeminded pal to any mother, or woman looking to reconnect with herself. It has truly done me and Mrs Kittikorn the world of good.

And reminded me I still 'have it'! ha ha!

Labels:


Al at 8:56 PM |

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Glad the trip was a success, completely jealous!
 


At October 7, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Blogger TheThingsIdTellYou said........
Nice to hear from you again. Kept checking in.. (in a totally nonstalkerish way, you understand).

Glad you had a good time. Well, you know, except for the dodgy water.